Thursday, January 23, 2014

2014 Here we GO!

I am back to Germany and have hit the ground running. I had a great time with many friends and family during the holidays. I was able to see my best friend and his family in SC, spend Christmas with my family in GA, and then New Years Maribeth and I went to see her family in Dallas. Then we ended it with a bang as we watched the Noles win the National Championship! It was a great time and a lot of fun with all!

Now I am back and the tires squealed as planning baseball camp had been ready to roll and raced off upon my returned. We are hoping to expand camp this year by another 30 campers or so; and with that will come several adjustments and require more staffing than we have ever had before. Yesterday I finished the first draft of the schedule for this year and have also been calling around about some cool new jerseys that would match this years theme. I have also gotten word that recruiting for next years trip is well under way and they are reaching out to other local associations and churches that might be interested in joining us this year. Their first interest meeting will be held soon and then training of our american team will begin.

In the business of it all, I have returned to both schools, the Christian school in the mornings teaching PE and then the city school in the afternoon learning German. We are finishing up the 3rd of 6 German courses I am taking and I should be finished just in time for summer! We also received information on a possible lead for a Gym that we could use on a regular basis for meeting and playing baseball. This would be a huge praise, even if it were only a one time opportunity. As I have mentioned before getting gym time in Germany is like gold. This has been one of our major goals in continuing the connection with campers year 'round. Please be praying for one of those opportunities to become available that it may establish itself in this city as this ministry continues to grow in both size and effectiveness!

I am excited to see where God is leading us this semester. It is going to be a very busy one. It starts with one of our youth leaders here heading to the states in a couple weeks to intern with one of my dearest friends and mentor, George Lockhart. He will then be heading to FBC Montgomery, AL, where we were in October to work along side their youth ministry. He will remain there until we meet up with our entire youth group  there in Montgomery.

Exciting times are ahead as the Lord is working in all our efforts and partnerships!

Following His Call

Nick




No comments:

Post a Comment